Created by an all girl team of CycleHackers from Glasgow, Penny in Yo’ Pants is an easy solution to making your skirt bikeable. Using a coin and a rubber band you can transform any skirt into a breeze-proof skort! We tested it out and went for a spin around the block on a windy summer’s day. The verdict: No embarrassed blushing, it totally works!
HOW IT WORKS: DETAILED DESCRIPTION
1. Find a penny (a 50c or R2 coin). Or you could use a pebble, a marble or other similar objects.
2. Find a rubber band. Better yet, use an old inner tube cut into rings. Super strong and super sustainable.
3. Now put on your favourite skirt.
4. Push the penny from the back to the front, through both layers. Watch our video if you need some extra help.
5. Form a button.
6. Wrap the band around the button so it’s secure.
7. Now and enjoy your new found freedom with your favourite skirt!
Penny in Yo’ Pants is created by Madeleine, Alec, Jo and Lucy at Cyclehack 2014 in Glasgow.
Announcing the lucky winners of our first batch of Adventure Collective Giveaways! Find a complete roundup of all 6 giveaways and the list of winners here…
An incredible R10 000’s worth of adventure cycling gear and prizes are up for grabs in this month’s Collective Giveaway! Winners will be drawn on Monday, so it’s not too late to sign up and enter! Find more details here…
Here’s your chance to win an ultralight 1 person bikepacking tent from First Ascent, in our 6th Adventure Collective Giveaway! Find more details here…