ABOUT THE BIKE FRIENDLY NETWORK
South Africa’s first-ever Bike Friendly Certification programme recognises & promotes businesses that cater for & welcome cyclists & cycle tourists. The programme also assists businesses to become more bike friendly, while enhancing the South African bicycling experience.
The programme is open to businesses in the service and tourism industry:
– Restaurants, Cafes, Wineries, Breweries, Food shops etc.
– Accommodation providers e.g. lodging or camping.
– Bike Shops, Apparel & Gear, Bike Rentals, Cycle Tours & Holidays.
– Retailers/Shops, Attractions, Visitor Centres or Tourism related businesses.
– Bike Parks, Mountain Bike Trails, Events & Skills Training.
- Boost your exposure to SA’s thriving cycle tourism market & the local cycling community. Cycling is one of the fastest growing sports and recreational activities in the country, with events like the Cape Town Cycle Tour bringing in +- R450 million to the region. By joining the programme, your business will be primed to tap into this growing segment of the economy.
- Build customer loyalty & attract new cycling customers. Being bike friendly is good for business!
- Get featured on SA’s leading cycle tourism platform. Our mobile-friendly, location-based directory showcases bike friendly businesses across South Africa.
- Access Membership Benefits (see below for the full range of benefits) and the official Bike Friendly Certified Signage (window decals or sign boards).
- Empower change. Encourage more people to bike local – shop local and create healthy, happier more active communities.
Download the Bike Friendly Business brochure.
This year we have teamed up with some awesome companies to bring you a host of membership benefits – from discounts on bike racks and products for your business to deals on bikes, gear and more… Plus all our members receive a free Bike Friendly Sign and toolkit.
BECOME A BIKE FRIENDLY BUSINESS
Before you sign up have a quick browse through our Go Bike Friendly guide to identify the kinds of bike friendly services & amenities that you may want to offer to attract and support visiting cyclists and become a certified Bike Friendly Business! For example, you may want to provide a bike storage space for overnight visitors or a safe place or bike rack for customers to park their bikes.
Want to go bike friendly but don’t know where to start? Get in touch, we are happy to assist you with going bike friendly, sourcing bike racks and meeting certification requirements!
BIKE FRIENDLY BUSINESS STARS
Here we highlight some of shining members of our Bike Friendly Business Network – those business who have gone the extra mile to welcome and cater for the needs of cyclists.