Become a Bike Friendly Business and Enhance your Marketing Exposure to Cyclists.
South Africa’s first-ever Bike Friendly Certification programme serves to recognise and promote businesses that enhance the South African bicycling experience for visitors and local cyclists. The programme also provides tools to assist business to become more bicycle friendly.
- Tap in to SA’s thriving Cycle Tourism industry. Cycling is one of the fastest growing sports and recreational activities in the country, with events like the Cape Town Cycle Tour bringing in an estimated R450 million. By joining the programme, your business will be primed to tap into this growing segment of our economy.
- Build customer loyalty. Bicycling is good for business! The programme encourages more people to bike local – shop local, which supports a thriving network of local businesses.
- Boost your exposure – get recognized. The programme gives participating businesses special recognition through our marketing channels. Businesses are promoted on Bicycle South, boosting their exposure to cyclists across South Africa and the cycle tourism market. With a community of over 4,000 members and a social media reach of 3 000 -18 000 people per week, Bicycle South is the go-to resource for cycle tourism and adventure in South Africa.
- Additional Membership benefits. Participating businesses get up to 20% Discount on bike racks through our selected suppliers. We also provide advice to businesses who want to become more bike friendly.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
This programme is intended for tourism-related businesses that offer services to visitors and who welcome cyclists:
• Restaurants, cafes, wineries, breweries, food shops etc.
• Accommodation providers e.g. lodging or camping.
• Bike Shops, Bike Rentals or Cycle Tour Operators.
• Retailers/Shops, Attractions or Visitor Centres.
HOW TO GET RECOGNIZED AS BIKE FRIENDLY?
Follow these four simple steps:
– List your business on our website. Sign up HERE and choose your membership type. If you have multiple business locations, we require each location to submit a separate application.
– Tell us how you are bike friendly. When signing up select which bike friendly services or amenities you provide (e.g. bike parking ). View our list of recommended bike friendly services & amenities that are required in order for your business to be certified bike friendly.
– Receive your official Bike Friendly certification & membership listing (see example).
– Display your Bike Friendly status and connect to our community.
If you have additional questions about the Bike Friendly Business Program, please contact us so that we can assist you.