South Africa’s first-ever Bike Friendly Certification programme recognises and promotes businesses that welcome cyclists and cycle tourists. The programme also assists businesses to become more bike friendly, while enhancing the South African bicycling experience.
The programme is open to businesses in the service and tourism industry:
– Restaurants, Cafes, Wineries, Breweries, Food shops etc.
– Accommodation providers e.g. lodging or camping.
– Bike Shops, Bike Rentals, Cycle Tours & Holidays.
– Retailers/Shops, Attractions, Visitor Centres or Tourism related businesses.
– Bike Parks, Mountain Bike Trails, Events & Skills Training.
- Boost your exposure to SA’s thriving cycle tourism market & the local cycling community. Cycling is one of the fastest growing sports and recreational activities in the country, with events like the Cape Town Cycle Tour bringing in +- R450 million to the region. By joining the programme, your business will be primed to tap into this growing segment of the economy.
- Build customer loyalty & attract new cycling customers. Being bike friendly is good for business!
- Get featured on SA’s leading cycle tourism platform. Our mobile-friendly, location-based directory showcases bike friendly businesses across SA.
- Access Membership Benefits – from discounts on bike racks to free Bike Friendly Signage (window decals or sign boards) and bike friendly toolkits.
- Empower change. Encourage more people to bike local – shop local and create healthy, happier more active communities.
Download the Bike Friendly Business brochure.
HOW TO JOIN
Register your business as Bicycle Friendly by following these steps, or contact us for assistance:
- List your business on our website. Sign up HERE and choose your membership package.
- Tell us how you are bike friendly. View our list of bike friendly services & amenities that are required for your business to be certified bike friendly.
- Receive your official Bike Friendly certification, signage & membership listing (see example).