Created by an all girl team of CycleHackers from Glasgow, Penny in Yo’ Pants is an easy solution to making your skirt bikeable. Using a coin and a rubber band you can transform any skirt into a breeze-proof skort! We tested it out and went for a spin around the block on a windy summer’s day. The verdict: No embarrassed blushing, it totally works!
HOW IT WORKS: DETAILED DESCRIPTION
1. Find a penny (a 50c or R2 coin). Or you could use a pebble, a marble or other similar objects.
2. Find a rubber band. Better yet, use an old inner tube cut into rings. Super strong and super sustainable.
3. Now put on your favourite skirt.
4. Push the penny from the back to the front, through both layers. Watch our video if you need some extra help.
5. Form a button.
6. Wrap the band around the button so it’s secure.
7. Now and enjoy your new found freedom with your favourite skirt!
Penny in Yo’ Pants is created by Madeleine, Alec, Jo and Lucy at Cyclehack 2014 in Glasgow.
Meet Mariska, the maker behind the cool, new bike-bag brand, Pieta Designs.
Win two tickets to this year’s Bicycle Film Festival – Cape Town!
Win an Enjoy ProXision kit (bib shorts and jersey) in our latest Gear Giveaway. Find out how to enter here…