Created by an all girl team of CycleHackers from Glasgow, Penny in Yo’ Pants is an easy solution to making your skirt bikeable. Using a coin and a rubber band you can transform any skirt into a breeze-proof skort! We tested it out and went for a spin around the block on a windy summer’s day. The verdict: No embarrassed blushing, it totally works!
HOW IT WORKS: DETAILED DESCRIPTION
1. Find a penny (a 50c or R2 coin). Or you could use a pebble, a marble or other similar objects.
2. Find a rubber band. Better yet, use an old inner tube cut into rings. Super strong and super sustainable.
3. Now put on your favourite skirt.
4. Push the penny from the back to the front, through both layers. Watch our video if you need some extra help.
5. Form a button.
6. Wrap the band around the button so it’s secure.
7. Now and enjoy your new found freedom with your favourite skirt!
Penny in Yo’ Pants is created by Madeleine, Alec, Jo and Lucy at Cyclehack 2014 in Glasgow.
Over R5 000’s worth of adventure cycling gear and prizes are up for grabs in this month’s Collective Giveaway! Winners will be drawn on Monday, so it’s not too late to sign up and enter! Find more details here…
Win a First Ascent Nuvea or Luxor bikepacking shirt in our 10th Gear Giveaway. Find out how to enter here…