Created by an all girl team of CycleHackers from Glasgow, Penny in Yo’ Pants is an easy solution to making your skirt bikeable. Using a coin and a rubber band you can transform any skirt into a breeze-proof skort! We tested it out and went for a spin around the block on a windy summer’s day. The verdict: No embarrassed blushing, it totally works!
HOW IT WORKS: DETAILED DESCRIPTION
1. Find a penny (a 50c or R2 coin). Or you could use a pebble, a marble or other similar objects.
2. Find a rubber band. Better yet, use an old inner tube cut into rings. Super strong and super sustainable.
3. Now put on your favourite skirt.
4. Push the penny from the back to the front, through both layers. Watch our video if you need some extra help.
5. Form a button.
6. Wrap the band around the button so it’s secure.
7. Now and enjoy your new found freedom with your favourite skirt!
World Bicycle Day is celebrated across the globe on Monday 3 June and Cape Town’s bicycle advocates came together to reward cycle commuters and shine a spotlight on those who are at the forefront of adopting this wonderful way of getting around!
Our definitive guide to Cape Town’s favourite bike friendly cafes along the official Cape Town Cycle tour route.
Breaking the routine… An impromptu, mid-week bike camping adventure to a secluded campsite nestled at the foot of the famous Chapman’s Peak in Cape Town.
OVERNIGHT | ⇔ 35 km (oneway) | + 600m | ≡ Tar