Established in the mid 1990’s the Tygerberg Mountain Bike Club has grown to be one of the largest in the country. Thanks to their hard work and dedication, six trails have been established in the Tygerberg Hills area that cater for both beginner or pro cyclists.
TYGERBERG HILLS TRAIL SYSTEM
Club members have access to all the trails. For non members, day permits are available for Meerendal, Contermanskloof, and Hoogekraal. Please note all areas on the map in Orange are Members Only and not open to members of the public. If you are not a member of the Tygerberg Mountain Bike Club with a Valid bike board fixed to your handlebars you are not allowed to ride on those sections. Click here to view a latest pdf version of the map and full details on the trails.
TRAIL ACCESS AND DAY PERMITS
- Bloemendal- Day Permits available from Biosport (Mon – Fri 08h00 – 17h00), and at the Bike Park (Sat & Sun 07h30 – 14h00) or the Protea Hotel. There are two permits available, the R30 children 18 and under and the R50 for adults. Permits allow access to Bloemendal, Nitida, Hillcrest and the Bloemendaaler (Upper Bloemendal).
- Contermanskloof – Day permits at R40 are available at The Dairy Shed (07h30 – 17h00 Mon to Fri / 07h00 – 13h00Sat & Sun ) give access to the Contermanskloof trails.
- Meerendal– Day permit wristbands at R30 are available on the entrance road just before The Crown restaurant. Alternatively, make use of honesty box at the Deli if no permit seller is on duty.
- Hillcrest Trail – Members access or day permits to ride here can be bought from Bloemendal Wine farm for R50.00 which allows you access into Nitida. Hillcrest and Bloemendal.
- Hoogekraal – R60 permit for non Tygerberg MTB members can be bought on the farm. No permit, no ride policy is in place. Please pay before your ride and not after. This permit also gives you access into Welvergenoegd trails.Honesty box or a payment via SnapScan.
- Green Corridor – These are Mountain Bike Trails linking one riding area with another by crossing land that does not offer trails. These are only open to club members.
- Majik Forest – Public open space. No permit is required to ride here.
CLUB AND SOCIAL RIDES
Bloemendal Night Ride
This is our weekly Nightride, powered by Williams Hunt Bellville and catered by BioSport. Two groups launch at exactly 7pm on Thursday evenings. There is a stargazer group for the not so fit, and the race snake group that makes mere mortals look bad. Non-Members are welcome at a cost of R30. Sometimes if the weather does not play along the ride gets cancelled so make sure you check the FB page to see the latest updates. We start at 7pm sharp, Lower Bloemendal outside of Biosport just behind Bon Amis Restaurant.
Social Group Rides
Please join the slowcoach group for newbie riders, Details on planned rides and requests for rides can be done on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/339245799519995/?fref=ts