Houdenbek is a restored National Monument and offers self-catering accommodation on a working fruit and vegetable farm in the well known Koue Bokkeveld. It is an affordable family retreat, a mere 60 km from Ceres and 200km from Cape Town.
This is a picturesque area, nestled in the rugged Skurweberg mountains, lending itself to a hype of outdoor activity or merely the perfect scene and peaceful weekend away. The cottages sits in the shade of huge old oak trees, ensuring your stay will be soothing, full of nature’s freshness and birdsong!
Houdenbek also provides a private campsite that caters for one party at the time. The campers will have total exclusivity. There is about 5 places to pitch a tent. Clean running fountain water are available. There is one hot shower and a separate toilet with basin. There is a basin to wash dishes with hot water. There is no electricity available.
Tons of Amazing Activities
- Heiveld Arch trail 4 hours and rock paintings & old road trail…easy 1.5hour circle route
- Rock climbing for the more energetic (32 sport climbing routes from grade 15 to 26 and some trad routes)
- Mountain Biking (Routes range from 10km to 40km, mostly single track)
- Scenic drives and views (Spectacular routes include Katbakkies Pass, Skitterykloof, Cederberge and Middelberg Pass)
- 9 Hole putt-putt course
- Sandrivier Dam (Ideal for swimming at own risk)
- Birdwatching (Diversity of bird species and fynbos)