- This event has passed.
Cycle to Open Streets Mitchells Plain #AtoBChallenge 2018
25th March 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Experience the diversity of Cape Town’s urban landscapes. The 21 km route to Mitchells Plain takes you from the leafy upmarket suburbs of Claremont through the verdant urban farmlands Philippi. See more details on this fascinating route here > https://
The ride starts at 10 am at Palmyra Junction, Claremont. People coming from the city or suburbs either catch a train to Palmyra Junction or park their cars at the centre and join ride.
There will be a return ride back to the start, leaving from the #AtoBChallenge table, Mitchell’s Plain at 2pm.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
✓ A bike in working order (take it to the bike shop for a check up if it hasn’t been ridden lately).
✓ A lock to secure your bike at your destination
✓ A pump + tube/repair kit
✓ A sense of fun and some friends too
HOW TO ENTER THE #ATOBCHALLENGE AND STAND A CHANCE TO WIN A BIKE!
To take up the #AtoBChallenge, you simply have to follow the steps below:
1. Take a picture of yourself commuting to Open Streets Mitchells Plain on 25 March on your chosen mode of transport (a video’s even better!)
2. Post your picture on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #AtoBChallenge and tag @OpenStreetsCT (Twitter) or @OpenStreetsCapeTown (Facebook, Instagram). Make sure to follow/like first so we can see your post.
3. Tell us about your experience in person when you get to Open Streets Mitchells Plain. We will be awaiting for you with a little present at the Open Streets Info Booth
Please make sure to sign up here: https://docs.google.com/
* Please note that you are responsible for your own safety while riding with the group, however one of the best things about the bike bus is safety in numbers – the more people who ride together, the higher the visibility the bike bus has.
- Open Streets Cape Town
- Palmyra Junction
- Palmyra Junction, Claremont Western Cape South Africa + Google Map