Flowing white dunes are cradled by contrasting red Kalahari sand. This is the home of the famous Roaring Sands (Brulsand) of the Kalahari and over 150 bird species.
Gemsbok, Red hartebeest, Springbok, Duiker and Steenbok are abundant here and we have a small herd of Kudu resident on the reserve.
Accommodation includes ten luxury, self-catering chalets (one with facilities for the disabled), group accommodation and caravan & camping sites. We have a conference facility (catering on request), swimming pools, a kiosk, dune boards, information centre and bird-hide. There is also a Botanical Meander of 3.2km with 43 plant species (sign-posted in 5 languages) and visitors are free to explore any part of the reserve by foot. Ample open spaces and trails for mountain bikers and bicycles are available for rent.
• Accommodates 36 people at the picnic sites.
• Maximum of 6 people per site.
• Larger groups can rent the lapa on a daily basis.
• Day visitors, who have paid for picnic sites, are allowed
to make use of the allocated swimming pool.
Witsand also offers
• A unique and spectacular Kalahari experience.
• Facilities for the disabled.
• Friendly personal service.