Hennops Trails is located 30km from Pretoria and Fourways on Road R511 to Hartbeespoort Dam.
This unspoiled family farm is in a truly tranquil setting and its natural beauty includes the Hennops river flowing through a valley bordered by mountain ranges to the north and south.
In addition to these recreational facilities, other areas of the property are currently utilised for cattle grazing and irrigated crop cultivation. The overall environment with its striking natural beauty and abundant water lends itself perfectly towards nature related activities for either tranquility or thrill-seeking residents of the Johannesburg and Pretoria urban areas.
Hennops MTB Trail’s unique features are the Hennops river flowing through a valley bordered by mountain ranges to the north and the south. This gives our 90% single track purpose built mountain bike trail a variety of terrain, some steep climbs and descents, lots of natural obstacles and great views to enjoy.
- River (5km) Easy
- Green trail (18km) Elevation gain 307m (River, Safari, Snake, Kayalami and Home run sections)
- Green + Blue trails (26km) Elevation gain 472m (all green sections + skeleton)
* You also have a short cut option after each section to make up your own distance.
* Beginner riders: Take the “Short Cut” at Safari and Snake and try the Kayalami section, complete with the Home Run back home. This will be 14km’s. Or take all “Short Cut” options to ride only 10km.
- As a day visitor, no booking required. Parking and registration office are situated at Hadeda Camp
- Gates to Hadeda Camp open at 07h00 on Sat, Sun and Public Holidays.
Registration office hours: 07h00 – 14h00
- During the week (Mon – Fri). You can start from 08h00 – 14h00. Close at 17h00.
- Please do not cycle on the hiking and 4×4 trails.
- Always ride within your limits.
OFF THE BIKE
Enjoy a relaxing swim and braai at the Picnic spot next to the Hennops river after your ride.
If you still have stamina take a hike on one of our hiking trails (2km -10km)
Kiosk and a Coffee trailer are available at reception selling basic snacks (07h00 – 14h00)
Our Garden Cottage is an open plan unit fitted with a king size bed. The unit has an “in the bush” feeling with its own braai area. The open plan kitchenette is fitted with basic utensils (incl. kettle, microwave, small fridge, toaster and 2 plate stove).
For those looking for something more rustic, Hadeda camp have basic overnight facilities for up to 18 people (basic hikers accommodation consisting of bunk beds with matress. Hot showers and toilet facilities in ablution block.