Inspired by the lively bike life of Amsterdam, Breakaway Café is Up Cycles Bike rentals’ downtown home base and café.
Here you will find a bright, healthy, energetic mix of all the things we love under one roof.
• Delicious, locally roasted craft coffee, with daily early-bird specials.
• Fresh fruit juices and smoothies with superfood ingredients
• Tasty light meals and snacks
• Free WiFi
Centrally located on the Fan Walk, Breakaway Café is found in a characterful, almost 100-year-old building, with a unique and thoughtful bicycle bric-à-brac decor.
UP CYCLES BIKE RENTALS
Stop in to rent or return your Up Cycles bicycle and stay a while to enjoy a break away from your daily routine.
Up Cycles is Cape Town’s first drop-and-go bike rental company. With our network of stations, you can easily navigate your way around the city on our bikes.
We have stations at:
- The Pavilion on the Sea Point Promenade
- V&A Waterfront at Silo 5 in the Silo District
- Breakaway Café on the Waterkant Street Fan Walk, in the city centre
- Camps Bay, at the Bay Hotel on the Victoria Road strip.
- Click here to download a PDF of our route map.