- This event has passed.
Half Dead Hustle
1st November 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Introducing the first ever Half-Dead Hustle!
When: 1 November 2018 18h30, starting gun 19h00
Where: Rook Cycles 295 Long Street
After Party: Rook Cycles 295 Long Street
Entry Fee: R80
- Fixed / Single Speed
- Best Dressed
- Fixed gear / Single Speed
- Best Dressed (halloween)
- Best Time Overall
Race Format: Alley Cat Hustle
Each competitor will be given a race carabineer with your name attached.
Starting at Rook Cycles HQ, all bicycles and competitors on the RHS of the street.
At the starting siren, competitors run across the street to grab the GREEN token. Tokens clip onto the carabineer. Then it is up to you which locations to visit first:
EAST CITY CYCLES: RED TOKEN
V&A LOGO STORE KIOSK OPPOSITE NSRI BASE:BLUE TOKEN
QUEENS BEACH PARKING LOT :YELLOW TOKEN
Then make your way back to Rook Cycles at 295 Long street and clip your carabineer onto the winners board. Eg. First back, clip into first place, second place clip into second place etc…
- Only one bicycle may be used for the entire race.
- Only one rider may ride.
- No teams. No switching.
- Head Protection is compulsory.
- Obey traffic laws.
- Foul play will not be tolerated and any indication of foul play will DQ the rider.
- Any bicycle my be used as long as it meets the race criteria.
- NO E BIKES.
- PEDAL POWER ONLY.
- You may walk, run, and of course cycle. No other transport may be used.
- Skitching only by opportunity – no planned skitching.
- Using any other transport other than the modes expressed above will constitute foul play.
- The first rider to check in at the finish location is declared the winner in his/her class.
- The race director’s decision is ultimate and final.
- Only riders finishing with ALL tokens will place.
- Finishing with a token missing will not place.
- A dropped token will not place.
- Go fast. No bad attitudes. Don’t kill your friends.
- Riders must be aged 18 or older
- Riders will all set off at the same time.
- Above all else, this is a FUN event. Rook Cycles, its associates, partners and/or staff accept no responsibility what-so-ever for any damage, injury or death resulting from participating, negligence, negligent advice or any other matter relating to the event.
- Taking part in this event is ENTIRELY at your own risk.
- By taking part, you automatically agree to the above rules and liability waiver.
- This event is an outlaw event and is not sanctioned by the city of Cape Town or the traffic dept.